Looking for a new way to spruce up your lipstick this winter? Try the new reverse-ombre lip craze. It’s a vampy change from the basic red lip. Last summer ombre lips were everywhere and the newest trend this winter is the reverse-ombre lip. Instead of using a lighter shade in the center of your lips, reverse it. For this look, start with a bright red shade, then apply the darker and deeper color in the center. One of my favorites uses Revlon’s True Red lipstick followed by YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture in 39: Poupre Divin. To create this fabulous look follow these easy steps:
1. Start with smooth lips. Apply a lip scrub like Fresh Sugar Lip Polish or gently scrub your lips with a wet wash cloth. Next apply a hydrating lip balm and let it absorb into your lips. Give your lips a quick blot after 5 minutes with a paper towel. (A tissue can some times stick to your lips.)
2. Line your lips with a red lip liner. (For this look I used MAC Lip Pencil in Redd.)
3. Using a lip brush, fill in your lips with Revlon’s True Red lipstick.
4. There are different ways to complete the next step. I applied my YSL lipstick in 39: Poupre Divin straight from the tube onto the inner center of my bottom lip. After I pressed my lips together I then used my fingertip with a light tapping motion to blend the color throughout the inside of my upper lip. You can repeat this step again if the shade isn’t dark enough in the center.
5. After another quick blot, voilà you’re finished! If you choose to go a step further, add a clear lip gloss in the center of your lips for a glossy finish.
So whether you have a night on the town planned or you just want a trendy new twist on your makeup, try reverse-ombre lips. There are loads of color combinations to keep you busy all throughout the winter!