As a fellow contact wearer, I understand the concern to find the proper makeup that won’t irritate your eyes. It’s been a trial and error situation for me but I’ve learned some key tips to help with discomfort.
- Always, ALWAYS, apply your contacts with clean hands. As soon as I get out of the shower I pop those babies in before I apply my lotions and oils. There is nothing worse than a little oil in your eye first thing in the morning.
- The same rule applies to removing your contacts, use clean hands. In addition, remove your contacts before removing your makeup. Otherwise, you may end up with your eye makeup in your eyes.
- Consider cream based makeup. Applying cream based shadows and blushes can help reduce the amount of fine particles that can possibly enter your eyes.
- If you must have your loose powder pigments and pressed eye-shadows then keep your eyes shut extra tight to avoid any fallouts into the eye area.
- Check the packaging. Does the packaging say, ophthalmologist tested, hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive eyes, suitable for contact lens wearers?
My favorites, you ask? Well here is a small list of products that have worked well for me:
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara $9.95: A mascara that is free of chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, dyes and fibers. The soft, plastic wand and formula gave my lashes definition without the irritation. It definitely gives my lashes a natural look. The formula removed easily and didn’t result in a loss of lashes. Best of all, the formula is hypoallergenic and safe for contact lens wearers. http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/eyes/mascara/01063.html#ctl00_cphBody_reviewer
- Makeup Forever Sens’Eyes $24.00: Have the most stubborn waterproof makeup ever? Well it’s no match for Makeup Forever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive eye cleanser. At first, I wasn’t sure if it was working but within less than a minute my hard to remove makeup melted away. http://www.sephora.com/sens-eyes-waterproof-sensitive-eye-cleanser-P171101?icid2=MAKE_UP_FOR_EVER_Editors_Picks%20_P171101_image
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow $24.00: This smudge proof, crease-proof cream shadow dries down to a matte finish. This fragrance free formula is stunning and safe for contact lens wearers. http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-cream-shadow-P270560?skuId=1289693