Last weekend’s Coachella Festival in Indio, California brought in a massive group of music loving fans. Bohemian style oozed throughout the festival. For this weekend, you are bound to need certain beauty essentials to get you through the sweltering heat and occasional dust storms. With this being my third year in attendance, I thought I’d share a checklist of my beauty essentials.
1. Sun Protection: Number one on my list for good reason. 97 degrees Fahrenheit in the desert will burn like hell so protect yourself with SPF 30 or above. Don’t forget your sunglasses and a hat if you like.
2. CC Cream: Beauty balms big sister hydrates, primes, protects, corrects and evens skin tone. A heavy foundation is a no-no here as it will probably melt right off your face. Try Clinique’s Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
3. Wet Wipes/Hand Sanitizer: You will thank me later. Hand washing sinks are limited in the port-o-potties which do have hand sanitizer in the stalls but you couldn’t pay me to touch them. There were bathroom trailers toward the back area with sinks but a major line. (I waited for that sink every time by the way.) For all other occasions in between, invest in some anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer.
4. Deodorant: Don’t even think of forgetting this. Try Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Deodorant. It’s completely natural and doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals or phthalates. Yes please!
6. DevaCurl Mister Right: A curl refresher by DevaCurl that will keep those curls smelling and looking fresh throughout the day. And in the true hippie spirit it contains lavender, hops and balm mint.
7. Fashionable Scarf: The temperature can drop at night so tie a scarf around your bag for the occasional chill. The scarf can also double as a dust mask when you are exiting the venue or in the middle of a dust storm.